Sunday, June 11, 2006

Very Respectable Catch - Update

Update: My hat is off to Walt and John who had a nice showing representing the Americans down there at Andong for the Fenwick Pro-Am on Sunday. They had a limit of fish over 13 lbs total and placed in the middle of the field. I believe this may have been Walt's first time out as a professional. Congratulations guys!

Personally I had a great time camping out and barbequing with everyone and look forward to doing it again, though I may just stay up at Halmoni's or sleep in the truck next time... I feel like I'm getting too old for this camping stuff, and the weather can be suddenly-hostile down there.



Speaking of Barbeque, this shrimp is off the hook! Here's the rough recipe if you'd like to try it: 1lb of large, uncooked shrimp, 1 cup of butter, 1/2 cup crushed garlic, 1/4 cup of Oyster sauce, 1 handful of fresh parsley sprigs, a glob of Japanese green horseradish pepper, an ample "bam" of Emiril Lagasse's Bayou Blast seasoning. Cook covered with foil for about 15 minutes or until done. Shake or turn over the foil container a couple of times while cooking.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Walt sent me this pic he took of John "The Original" with a Sogari he caught on a deep-diving Shad:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here's one of the many bass John caught on Saturday:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And here's one Alan took of me holding two fish that weighed 7lbs collectively that I caught:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Here's a couple of pics of Mr. So and Ruben from Andong on Saturday. I'll let the photos speak for themselves. Nice fish guys!



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Oh, I almost forgot... Ron caught a little one.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice catch guys!! Where's Ron's picture? LOL

Rob

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron? Ron who?

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, the BASS MASTER!!!!

2:18 AM  
Blogger Gar said...

Since you guys asked, I included a pic of Ron catching the bait.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's what I'm talking about, my buddy Ron with a LUNKER!!!

Did you cook the shrimp down at Andong Gar? It looks delicious!!!!

Rob

2:48 AM  
Blogger Gar said...

But of course.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Nomad said...

Damn, the pic of the food is making me hungry!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Gar said...

The shrimp is awesome, I don't think I cam improve on it. Reggie gave me the idea and I've tweaked it, but not much.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are the big ones only out in the middle and you need a boat, or are there some decent fish caught bank-fishing as well?

mike

5:51 AM  
Blogger Gar said...

Mike,
A boat is best. You can see in the pics the banks are steep and hard to navigate on foot. If you can get to the water you have a good chance of catching something. Particularly off the points.

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Bass Fishing Tips said...

Love the bass, but the food looks awesome. I gotta go out and get a bite now...:)

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Mike said...

That BBQ looks Great

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home