Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Pyeongtaek Bass Club

Something different happened today, and it was a good thing. A local Korean man named Mr. So decided it was high time to start a Pyeongtaek Bass Club. He was also gratious enough to envision it not be limited to Koreans-only, but should include all the avid anglers in and around the area, regardless of nationality. No dues, membership fees, etc. Just a bunch of good people getting together who share the same passion for fishing. There were professionals and amateurs there alike today, and many brought boats. No boat? No problem. Those "with" made sure those "without" got a chance to do some fishing on the water if they wanted to. Folks brought their wives and kids. There was plenty of good old home cooking, and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves. I know my wife and I did. The plan is to get together once or twice a month and everyone brings a little something to the table, that way it doesn't cost any one person an inappropriate share. I think it's a good plan, a good start, and I will certainly support it. Here's a few pics.





5 Comments:

Anonymous Pete Hart said...

Gar, you are absolutely correct. I personnally had a blasted and think most everyone else did also. I can't for the next one. I was glad to see you make it out there. I will keep you informed on the date, time and place of the next one. Great pictures.
Pete

3:28 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

This is a great site. It took me a while to find a site that has bass fishing in Korea. I just arrived in country from Georgia. If you have any info on bass fishing in country and purchasing bass gear please let me know..
Ed

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Frank said...

Hi, my name is Frank.
I am a South African who has been in Pyeongtaek, South Korea for 5 months now. Am looking to do some bass fishing. How can I get in touch with the Pyeongtaek bass club?
Send me an email on fliddell@mweb.co.za
Thanks.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi im in asan. Ivoe fished on pyeongtaek lake before. I have a small 2 man boat with electric motor. Howvan i hook up with u guyls? My fishing buddy just left and im all alone. My email is normskis69@hotmail.com

10:34 AM  
Blogger Nic MacDonagh said...

Just got to Korea 4 months ago. I would like to get in on this bass club. I live in pyeongtaek. Shoot me an email please. Macdonagh18@gmail.com

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home