Thursday, June 01, 2006

I Finally Bought a New Digital Camera...

I've been wanting a decent digital camera for quite awhile now, and the wife finally gave me the green light to buy one, which was perfect, since the one I wanted was on sale. I ended up buying the Canon EOS Rebel XT, and so far I'm duly impressed. I can't wait to take it out fishing with me... My old camera would take about 10 pics and I'd have to change the batteries. This almost always happened when someone had a nice fish to shoot. Ruben caught one of the biggest trout I've ever seen last winter, and wouldn't you know it, the battery died just as I was taking the pic.

The camera came with a basic lens, 18 - 55mm AF zoom and will focus down to 0.9'

I love it.

Here's some pics I took while out and about yesterday:
Nosey Dog:

Gastronimical proportions:



Bee-u-tiful:

It's designed for the advanced amateur to pro photographer, niether of which I am... but it's so easy to use.

I hope I don't drop it in the water.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics Gar!

Rob

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Nomad said...

Gar,

That's what I recently bought, plus I got a telephoto zoom lens, and a macro lens as well. There's no way in hell I'll ever take that thing fishing with me, that's what my Canon Powershot A80 is for.

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Nomad said...

Gar, If you ever want to buy some additional lenses for it, try B&H photo. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/#

They came highly recommended, so I ordered my 2 lenses from them. No ripoffs, and the package arrived in a week. It'll be a while before I'm out there with either the telephoto zoom or the macro, first I need to fully get back into remembering all this f-stop light balance, shutter stuff again.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Gar said...

Nomad,
Cool! Now we can compare notes. Yes, I'm looking for a telephoto-zoom. I was thinking about the 28 -135 EF IS. Any thoughts? I'm not going to bother with a macro just yet. I can get about as close as I need to with the stock 17 -55mm, and it will zoom.

I was playing around trying to do panning shots to capture motion with my dog, but didn't have much success with the focus. I tried different apertures, shutter and ISO settings, but still didn't succeed. I'm thinking the image stablilizer lense would help.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home