Sunday, May 21, 2006

Fishing vs. Catching, Saturday, May 20th, 2006

A group of us went out to the lake Bill and I found recently and we cleaned up. We brought 3 electric trolling motors with us and we wanted to take the boats with the transoms already built-in. Adjoshi had other plans and made us take the crappiest boats. Luckily we planned for this and had brought some home made transoms with us.



We paired off in three groups of two and with three boats. One boat reported catching 12 bass; another reported catching 30+, and the last one reported catching 45 - 50. John even caught another big catfish on a spinner bait, while Bill snagged a nice Bream on a spinner bait.
No lunkers caught today,
though I did see one pass close by the boat that might have went 6 or 7 lbs. The lake is chock full of bluegill and crystal clear in some places. You could see the strike 20 yards out, and also watch the little bass chase the lures all the way to the boat.

Everyone had a blast. For a while there it was almost a fish for every cast. I turned Bill on to the power of the chartreuse spinner bait and he started nailing them one after another. When I put a trailer hook on it was all over but the crying. If I landed every fish that hit my bait I would easily have caught over a 100 bass, truth is I was catching so many I quit counting them.
Most of the fish Bill and I caught were about a pound and a half, though we had more than a few that were 2 lbs and up.
What a great day. The weather was good, though it was foggy-as-all-get-out when we first got there. We left Pyeongtaek around 0530, not too far off of schedule... Most of us (not all) were up at 0330 getting ready. Bill and John came through as usual right on time and Bill even brought Dunkin Donuts. I like fishing with these guys. They make a plan and actually stick to it. John is hard-core and would probably have stayed out there until the cows came home, but we were getting pretty fried and my battery was dying so we called it quits around 3pm. Bill is starting to scare me - I can tell he's a die hard like me.

Though it started out a little bumpy, as it always seems to when you're trying to get 6 or more people together at the same time and place, it was such a nice day it would have been almost impossible to ruin it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Nomad said...

Gar,

Sounds like another excellent day out on the lake! Can't wait to see more pics...

BTW, please check your gmail account.

Nomad

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics Gar, as well as the ones over at Anglerstown...yours and John's.

And it's nice to see "big daddy Bill" out there slaying some bass!!! :)

Rob

2:06 AM  
Blogger cody said...

ive been trying to find good places to bass fish since i got in korea and still havent found any good ones that arent more than 3 hours away!

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Ron said...

I just love the professional look of your blog . Great information and user friendly . I will be book marking your site for my future reference .

Thank you ,

Ron

1:52 PM  
Blogger James Core said...


I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post.
You read more my blog here
Thanks for sharing.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home