Sunday, March 26, 2006

Fish Report, 25 March 2006

Went out to Idong (Seongjeong) lake near Yongin late Saturday morning. We heard reports they were biting on senkos around the river area. Sure enough they were... The wind was blowing extremely hard making finesse fishing difficult at best, and the dust kicking up from the parking lot left a bad taste in my mouth. I tried the back corner of the lake by the channel, the dam, the spillway, but the only place we got bites and caught fish was alongside the creek that flows under rte 82. I really don't like Idong that much, and won't waste much time there this year.

I drove by 4 new lakes last week when coming back up from Taegu. All off route 70 near Eumseong. I'm going to have to go back on a weekend and hit some of them when it warms up. A couple of them I could see bass fry swimming around, and another had carp for sure as there were floaters on the bank. One of the lakes was tucked away in a mountain pass and looked a lot like the Sierra Nevadas to me - pristine and beautifully clear, surrounded by pine trees.

I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to fish this weekend because we found a house with a yard and will be moving soon. This weekend we'll probably have to hang curtains and stuff. At least I have room for all my stuff now, and can keep my boat inflated and ready to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home